Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To Me Food Is Important


I heard a human say that she loved being a woman. I love being a dog. I wouldn't want to be anything else except for the lady that shoves hamburgers in a bag through a window just for a day. I could eat a lot of hamburgers and then I would want to go back to being a dog.

I can't seem to get enough food and I am hungry a lot. I like people food but when my lady got wind of how bad it was for me that pretty much put a stop to handouts. I have to admit that if there is food around that I can get to, I will eat it even though I know my human is going to be very upset with me. I just can't help it. I was given a nickname of HOG DOG and It is appropriate. I don't care. I am what I am. I am a dog that loves food.

This love of food almost got me killed because I spied a huge chocolate bar on the coffee table a year ago and I ate it all in about five minutes. I left only the wrapper. When my human came into the room and knew what I did she grabbed me up and took me straight away to the vet's office. It seems that chocolate is bad for canines especially in large quantities. I only weigh 12 pounds so if you do the math you can figure out why my lady was so upset. They gave me something to make me sick and I threw up for a long time. The doctor said he had never seen so much chocolate come out of a dog before.

I hate to admit it but if there was another chocolate bar and a chance to scarf it up, I think I might do it again. It was so good! I told you, I can't help myself.

My advice is to make sure you keep any food out of reach even if you leave the room for just a minute...some of us dogs are just too tempted. It is in our nature. I remember my human praying on the way to the vets office and asking this God she talks to all the time to send me protection and let me be okay and I was. This God is a good God and I am glad she was being heard.
www.makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment