Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Visit To The Vet Clinic

My lady took me to the vet last week, It was time to trim my nails and to get my check-up. I also had to get a shot. I don't like going to the vet and I sure don't like the shots and all the poking and prodding they do but I guess it is to keep me healthy and I am grateful for that. I feel gratitude for a lot of things just like you people do. I have a warm comfy bed and good food. I am fed organic food and very rarely get anything she is eating because it is people food and not dog food. I know it is because she loves me but darn it all I sure would like a piece of pizza every now and then...just a bite.
The lady vet always comments on what a good dog I am during my visits. She says I am stoic. My pack leader says that means that I have a calm unruffled manner with very little emotion. Well, she is right. She is calm so that makes me calm. It just works that way somehow. I can feel what she is feeling. I submit to what has to be done because I know that it goes much quicker that way and we can get home sooner. I always get a treat and lots of attention when I get home for being such a good boy.
This time I was sore from where I got the shot for a few days and it was difficult to lay down right and sit so I did whine a bit. When I whine, she can't stand it
very well so she will hold me and rub my ears and give me kisses. I guess you could say I kinda milked it because she was so sweet when she tended to me. It is not like I don't get attention. I get a lot of it but the sympathy attentions is extra special. It only worked for two days and she was on to me.
I have noticed you humans do this sympathy thing also but it can be carried to the extreme and it backfires on you so try not to do this very often in a deliberate way. In no time at all, other people will see right through you and avoid you. You don't want that, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment