Friday, March 26, 2010

Homer was all washed up!



Homer was the kind of cat I don't like...


As a dog and a small one at that I have mixed feeling about cats. I was actually raised around a cat for a while when I was a pup. It wasn’t my pack leader’s cat. It belonged to someone who was staying in our den. It was not a very nice cat at all. There were times I thought that cat was going to take me out for sure and maybe eat me in the bargain.
For some crazy reason that still escapes me I couldn’t resist playing with that cat’s tail and barking at it when it was taking a nap. Homer was his name and he was very mean when he was bothered during his many naps. He would wake up and give me a warning hiss but the game was so inviting that I always had to go on and rush at his face and bark and turn tail and run. Every now and then he would give chase and the game was on. I usually made sure my pack leader was somewhere nearby so she could save me from getting caught or worse. I did not want to wind up on this cats menu.

One day Homer was chasing me around the pool when I did a reverse
turn on him and he could not stop his forward momentum and fell in the pool. He was not happy with me because as I understand it most cats don’t like water but I sure do. He never chased me after that. He just ignored me or got up somewhere real high where I couldn’t reach him.
Not long after that Homer and his person moved on.

I learned that if you get a cat wet all the fun stops and to always make sure your pack leader is nearby when you are playing with something bigger than you. That is all I have for you today about kitty’s and will send you more doggie wisdom later.

No comments:

Post a Comment