Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A tale about tails



I don't give any thought to wagging my tail. It just wags. It wags when I am asleep and awake. It wags when I am happy, when my pack leader is putting food in my dish, when she talks to me, when I am running around outside. It just wags. I really think that people who dock a dogs tail should rethink their position on that.
I understand that it is a fashion statement of sorts to improve the look of the breed.
Dogs are not into fashion. Despite what you humans do to a tail, we can still wag the stub that is left.
You humans have a way of wagging your tails too. You do it when you talk, point a finger to make a point or cross your arms. It is called body language.
That is what our tails are, a form of body language for dogs, squirrels, cats, and birds too. Our tails are designed to give us balance when jumping, flying and running etc.
Watch our tails and you will get clues as to what we are thinking and feeling. My lady says that God has body language too through what he created. I think it is important for humans to know that their body language is important and they should be aware of it.
When you create something do it like a dog wags its tail...because you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment